About Pleuger Industries

 

As a traditional Hamburg company we are known worldwide for the excellent engineering work of our Pleuger submersible motors.

Our location in Hamburg is located on the well-known Friedrich-Ebert-Damm. A land area of over 40,000 m², the good infrastructural connection and the availability of excellent employees help us to consistently expand our position as one of the leading suppliers of pumps. 

Due to our wide range of submersible motor pumps, plunger pumps and maneuvering systems as well as customized special pumps we can offer an optimal solution for nearly every application.

Pleuger Industries is primarily active in the water, oil & gas, energy, chemical, marine and general industrial markets. Our products and services are also being used and used successfully in other sectors and industries.

Pleuger Industries GmbH is certified according to DIN 9001 and has several quality assurance systems. Our products are continuously tested and developed according to the latest procedures.

 

1929
Foundation of the company Pleuger by Friedrich Wilhelm Pleuger in Berlin, Germany to build underwater pumps with wet (water filled) engines. His developments have been patented.

1930
The subway in Berlin will be expanded. At the time, Pleuger achieved its first economic success by installing the world's new Pleuger submersible pumps operated by direct coupled wet (water filled) submersible motors. They were used to lower the groundwater for the Berlin subway construction project. New large-scale projects follow, such as the construction of the Moscow subway and complex drainage systems in France, Mexico and Argentina. Special developments in the Pleuger construction also made it possible to promote high-quality and germ-free drinking water from great depths. Pleuger pumps are becoming recognized worldwide.

1945
The Pleuger works in Berlin and Greitz are destroyed or expropriated during World War II. In autumn 1945, Friedrich Wilhelm Pleuger realizes the new start with a small repair workshop in Hamburg-Altona.

1951
Relocation to the new plant in Hamburg-Wandsbek, where Pleuger Industries is still located today.

1972
Pleuger Industries joins forces with American company TRW to open new markets and exchange new technologies and products.

1979
Pleuger Industries celebrates its 50th anniversary - together with its subsidiaries and partners in France, Spain, England, Canada, Mexico and Ghana. At the time, Pleuger Industries has already been present in more than 50 countries.

1987
TRW sells Pleuger to Dresser Industries Inc., USA. Dressers product portfolio already includes Worthington and Pacific pumps.

1989
Dresser Pleuger GmbH and Deutsch Worthington GmbH merge to form Pleuger Worthington GmbH. The product range currently includes submersible pumps and motors, single and multi-stage centrifugal pumps and horizontal and vertical plunger pumps.

1992
Acquisition by the Ingersoll-Dresser Pump Company (IDP) joint venture.

2000
Ingersoll-Rand Co. acquired Ingersoll-Dresser Pump Company from Flowserve Inc. The merger of the two companies will create the world's second largest pump manufacturer.

2018
Pleuger becomes independent again within the framework of acquistion by the Flacks Group shortly before the company's 90th anniversary and trades under the name Pleuger Industries GmbH.
 

 

Some international clients: